Conditions of Let
Your signature on the booking form confirms acceptance of these conditions, so please ensure that
you read them carefully before making your booking.
1. Holiday Cancellation Insurance is not included in the rental and should you have to cancel your
booking a refund will only be made if Lyndalan Cottage is able to re-let the accommodation for the
period concerned. If successful, we will refund the deposit and the balance if already paid, less a £25
re-booking fee. We must be notified in writing of any cancellation prior to the commencement date of
2. The period of the let shall be from 3pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure
unless otherwise agreed.
3. The contract confers on you a right to occupy the accommodation for a holiday only and, in terms of
section 12, (schedule 4, paragraph 8) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 is not an `assured tenancy'.
4. The applicant must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and is solely
responsible for the whole party. Assignee's and sub-tenants are prohibited. Not more than the stated
number may stay at the property.
5. A deposit of £50 per week must be paid within 7 (seven) days of booking. The balance is due 6
weeks before the start of the holiday WITHOUT A REMINDER FROM US. Lyndalan Cottages reserve
the right to declare the contract void, the deposit forfeit and to re-let the accommodation should the
balance not have been received within the time limit.
6. Please ensure that you take all reasonable care in the use of the property and its contents, including
the security of the property, and you will report any damages, losses or breakages as soon as they
occur. Lyndalan Cottages reserve the right to charge for all repairs, losses or replacements
necessitated by the negligent act or omission of any of your party, guests or invitees. This may include
an administration charge if necessary.
7. You are requested to leave the accommodation clean and tidy.
8. Should we cancel your holiday for any reason, every effort will be made to find you
suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible an immediate refund will
be made of all monies paid by you to us for the accommodation booked. No further
financial claims against us will be considered.
9. As far as the law allows, we take no responsibility for the loss, damage or injury to you or any of your
party as a consequence of this agreement of the occupancy following thereon.
l0. You will indemnify Lyndalan Cottages against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or
persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of
11.The proprietors reserve the right to enter the cottage at any reasonable time. 12. We are sorry, but
we do not accept pets.
13.The cost includes the provision of linen and towels but not beach towels.
14. Heating in Lyndalan Cottage is via a multi-fuel stove. Hot water is heated separately
by an immersion heater and there are two electric showers. Kindling and wood are
provided and electricity is included in the price
15. Note that mobile telephone reception can vary, but most networks can be received in the vicinity.